Monday 30 March 2015

M.A.C Brush Cleanser Review.

Recently I went on a M.A.C spree for my kit and ended up picking out 3 things, this brush cleanser was one of them. I popped into my local M.A.C counter and asked one of my friends who works there how long it takes to dry as I needed it to dry in-between an hour and my original method took over-night. She told me that it can take up to half hour for the larger brushes but for smaller brushes (such as eyes and lips) it can dry straight away.

With testing it in-between shoots, clients and at home before taking it out I have found that her half-hour waiting time was super generous, I guess she was just being cautious. This stuff dries super quick! 

As you can see (if you can) on the back it says to use wet and rinse, personally in-between shoots I don't do that. If you go into your local M.A.C counter/store you will see the ladies use this without water to clean their brushes (shows how often and long i'm in there, ay!) so this is exactly how I use it. I leak a little bit of the product onto some kitchen roll and rub my dirt brush around in the 'wet patch' in circular motions. I then run it around on a dry section of kitchen roll and voila! Clean brushes!

The product itself has a very alcohol-y scent that can be a bit strong but it doesn't transfer to the brushes. I do use this with water as suggested for more of a deep clean but honestly between clients or shoots this is a make-up artists dream! If your brushes need a quick pick-me-up to work better without the arm ache of washing them properly, this is for you!!

Char xo

3 comments:

  1. I really need to buy this, I've been using shampoo to clean my brushes because I keep forgetting to pick some brush cleanser up haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I only used a mixture of sunflower oil and anti-bacterial soap haha! i found it online and it worked pretty well just took forever to dry ;D This is a must have for me now, well worth the money! :) Xxx

      Delete
  2. I’ve nominated you for ‘The Versatile Blogger Award’! Check out my post here to find out what you need to do:- http://emilyfayeslittleworld.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/ive-been-nominated-for-versatile.html xx

    emilyfayeslittleworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete